Principal Terms and Conditions
THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS GOVERNED BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STIPULATED BELOW. BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING ANY PRIVACY STATEMENTS (WHICH ARE DEEMED TO BE INCORPORATED IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS) THAT APPEAR ON THIS WEBSITE INCLUDING ANY AMENDMENTS THERETO.
- By placing an order with Elite CV, you, the Client, agree to accept our Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time and without notice, and your continued use of our services following any change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check the Terms & Conditions of Use regularly for changes. If you do not agree with any change to the Terms & Conditions of Use you must immediately stop using our services.
- Furthermore, your access to and use of Elite CV is subject exclusively and strictly to our Terms and Conditions.
- No contract subsists until we accept your order. We may choose not to accept your order for any reason. We reserve the right to withdraw any goods/services at any time. All prices are subject to change at any time prior to your order being accepted and are subject to change without notice. We will not be liable to you or anyone else for refusing to accept your order, withdrawing any goods/services or changing any prices.
- We retain the right to revoke your right to continued use of our services at our discretion.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by any of our terms, conditions or policies.
- The following clauses relate purely to our CV design and LinkedIn services.
- We can only commence work on an order once you have paid for your order and your payment reflects in our account. Our turnaround times are timed from the point at which we receive your payment.
- Design only CVs will be completed within 2-workdays. CV Writing and any bundle that includes CV writing will be completed within 10-workdays. LinkedIn Optimisation takes up to 20-workdays to accommodate approval times and adding new connections.
- Portfolios can take up to 15 workdays.
- CV or content writing services will be completed within 5 to 10 working days.
- During periods of high demand, orders may take longer to be completed.
- Orders placed during the weekend will be processed on Monday.
- Failure by us to write/design and/or deliver your order will entitle you to a refund.
We cannot be held liable for any further losses incurred as a result of failure to meet these timescales.
Please note no refunds will be due for orders that have been delivered, we will edit/update your document for free if there is an issue with your CV/Portfolio.
Edits can take anywhere from a day to a week depending on volumes received on a particular day.
- Payment is required in full for all orders. For increased online payments security, we do not collect credit card details on this site, we use reputable extremal payment gateways namely PayPal and PayFast. For more information please refer to PayPal End User Agreement and PayFast’s End User Agreement
- If you select Direct Payment, please email proof of payment to [email protected] and use your order number as a reference to allow us to allocate your payment.
- No online payments are processed directly on our site, you will be redirected to a secure PayFast platform where you will perform your payment. We do not handle any customers credit/debit card details.
- We will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery for unpaid orders and we are not obliged to inform you of the refusal.
- Should a suspected error be made in billing your credit/debit card, our policy is to assist you in any way possible in querying it with PayPal or PayFast.
- In the unlikely event that you do not receive your CV please contact us on [email protected] and our help desk representatives will assist you promptly.
- Your CV will be delivered to you in PDF and MS Word format. Portfolios only come in PDF or PowerPoint formats.
- We cannot accept any liability for late deliveries.
What your purchase includes
- CV Design – is a design only option using the exact content you provided, your CV is designed as per the design and colour you selected.
CV Writing – We rewrite your content and design your CV as per the design and colour you selected
Portfolio – Content writing and portfolio design.
LinkedIn Optimisation – A professionally written, optimised and designed profile.
- Our “Templates” are not for sale and do not form part of what you are purchasing.
- Your Elite CV may look different from the design you chose depending on the information you provide and the length of the CV you submit. If you would like your Elite CV to be identical to the design sample, please ensure you provide all the relevant information as per sample CV and limit the length of your current CV.
When we convert your PDF to Word it is purely to allow you to be able to apply on sites that strictly require Word. Our CVs are not designed in Word, the Word copy you will receive is a PDF converted to Word. You can edit and update current information but adding new information might mess with the formatting and layout of your CV.
This is not a CV writing service, it is an optimisation of your current content. This includes;
- Spelling and Grammar
- Correct Information Order
- Optimised Key Skills
- Industry appropriate Attributes
- Brief, Heightened Profile Write-up
- Removal of Unnecessary Information
- Consistency and Flow
- Appropriate Professional Language
We cannot accept liability for incorrect information you provide to us. No information verification will be done, we operate on good faith and trust that the information you provide to us is accurate.
Cancellation & Returns Policy
- Cancellations can only be done within the first 24 hours of your purchase and an admin fee will be charged depending on how much work has already gone into designing your CV.
- A refund of the amount you paid less the admin fee will be paid by EFT into your account within 30 to 60 days.
- Elite CV will only accept responsibility if the error on your CV is a result of a fault on our part in which case we will correct the error and resend your Elite CV at no additional charge to you.
- As part of your purchase you get 3 free edits that include and are limited to a) change of existing information i.e. telephone number, b) spelling and grammar errors. Your free edits are valid for 30 days post-purchase.
- Any additional edits will be charged an admin fee of R50 and adding new information will be quoted based on addition/s required.
- You can log edits by emailing [email protected] your order number should be quoted on the subject field and a copy of the CV in question can be attached, please also provide a full description of the error including the correct information to replace the existing changing/incorrect information.
- We endeavour to respond to all correspondence, including complaints, within a maximum of 72 working hours from receipt. All complaints must be made in writing by emailing [email protected]; our telephone staff are not authorised to handle such matters.
- Delivery Format
Files emailed to you will be in PDF format. We cannot be held liable for incompatibility issues with a user’s individual computer set-up although we do undertake to assist as best we are able in resolving any such issues and will provide alternative, more suitable formats if we are able to do so. However, it should be noted that IT support is out of our field of expertise and if we are unable to agree upon a resolution then the user will need to seek appropriate professional IT support at their expense.
- Email Dispatch
It should be noted that we cannot accept any liability for late delivery of emails or for the failure of emails to arrive since the delivery of emails depends on too many external factors beyond our control. We will however gladly resend an email containing your paid CV should there be delivery issues. Please notify us of such issues by emailing [email protected]
- You warrant that you will use our website only in accordance with these Terms & Conditions and only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner.
- You warrant that all information which you provide to us is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects and that you will notify us immediately of any changes to such information.
- We reserve the right to change or remove (temporarily or permanently) this website (or any part of it) without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal.
- Our website is provided to you on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis without any warranty being given in relation to the website including (but not limited to) implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
- We make no warranty that the website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that the site or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or bugs.
- We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of material uploaded or transmitted through our website.
- All emails and any attachment(s) is/are confidential. If an email is received by a party who is not the intended recipient they are requested to notify us immediately, delete it from their system and refrain from copying or using it for any purpose or disclosing its contents in any other way.
- We are not responsible for the content of emails which may or may not contain personal views. Anything said or contained within an email does not necessarily reflect our views and opinions unless specifically stated.
- Internet communications are not secure and may be intercepted.
- All emails are checked for all known viruses by Symantec Corporation software which is updated at least daily and no further liability can be accepted.
- All links on our website to third party website are provided purely as an information source and we do not endorse, approve, certify or control links to or information provided by other individuals, institutions or organisations, and do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of information located at external Internet addresses, nor are we are responsible for the terms, conditions, policies or security of these websites.
- You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material on our website, site design, structure, templates and graphics and all software and source codes connected with our website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us.
- You acknowledge and agree that the material contained within our website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only. You may only access, view, copy and/or print pages from our website for the sole purpose of you evaluating whether to place an order with us. Any other use of the material within our website is strictly prohibited.
- Our Templates are not for sale and will not be issued to any customer, when you place an order you purchase a designed CV and our templates do not form part of the purchase.
- Limitation of Liability
Our liability is limited for losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when any purchase was made, for losses that were not caused by any breach on our part and for business losses and/or losses to non-consumers. It is limited for loss of data, loss of profits, cost of cover, or other special, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages however caused and regardless of theory of liability. This limitation will apply even if we have been advised of, or are aware of, the possibility of such damages.
You agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, reasonable losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms & Conditions of Use by you or other liabilities arising out of your use of our services and our website.
Each provision of these Terms & Conditions shall be construed separately and independently of each other and the validity of any one part shall not affect the validity of any other part. This is subject only to the provision that where a particular term(s) is/are declared legally void, the contract will only continue to bind the parties if it is capable of continuing in existence without the void term(s).
For annulment of any doubt, we would reiterate that your statutory rights are not affected by any of our terms, conditions or policies.
LinkedIn package includes.
- Account Setup
- Page Design
- Bio Intro
- Custom URL
- Optimised Content
- Optimised Skills Sets
- Industry-Specific Banner
- Increase Profile Awareness
- All-Star Status (Results may vary depending on the information you provide us and how skilled and qualified you are at the time of purchase.)
LinkedIn Edits and Updates
We will edit and update your LinkedIn for up to 30 days post day of purchase, thereafter you will need to keep your own account updated.
Upon confirmation of order, you will need to provide us with your LinkedIn credentials to allow us access to update your profile. We request you to change your password as soon as the profile update is complete. It is your responsibility to ensure that your password is changed and to keep your account secure, as much as we keep your information secure, we cannot accept liability should your account be compromised.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY CEASE BROWSING THIS WEBSITE.
PLEASE NOTE: Elite CV is not an employment or recruiting agency and makes no representations or guarantees regarding the service. We are not responsible for employment decisions made by an employer therefore, we make no expression of implied guarantees of employment or business. We will help you to connect with the right people and look good on LinkedIn, but it is up to you to secure work with a company.
By providing us with your LinkedIn login information, you are granting us permission to make changes to your LinkedIn profile. You accept full responsibility for all activity conducted and all edits made to your LinkedIn account and agree to and hereby release Elite CV of any liability.
All information accessed or browsed using this website is provided “as is”.
Elite CV shall endeavour to ensure that all material published on the website is accurate at the time of its publication, it gives no warranties as to the accuracy of the information and the information does not represent legal advice. Your use of the information is entirely at your own risk and no liability will arise against the Elite CV resulting from your browsing the website or using the information provided on the website.
Elite CV does not warrant that this website or the delivery, hosting and ancillary services or facilities of third party suppliers utilised by the LSSA will continue to operate, will operate without interruptions or will be error-free or that it will be free of any software virus or other harmful components.
LinkedIn does not encourage you sharing your login information. However, we do believe it is a choice and you decide if you’d like to share your login information with us. If you provide us with your login and password, we recommend changing your LinkedIn password once we have completed work on your profile. You can find directions on changing your LinkedIn password here.
We will take appropriate security precautions to protect the website against abuse by third parties, by accessing and browsing this website you accept that no liability will lie against Elite CV for any damages caused to you by the malicious interference with the operation of this website, and/or any destructive data or code that may be communicated to computers or information systems used by you as a result of your access and browsing of the website.
You will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data caused as a result of any use of this website.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF USERS
You agree to initiate and actively participate in work done on your profile. This process will require you to complete our online form as well as responding, via email, to questions we may have as well as reviewing work-in-progress. You will need to provide us with your detailed information about your experience, accomplishments and goals as well as industry keywords via our online questionnaire form.
You understand that the successful completion of your project is dependent upon your complete and timely submission of your career information and/or objectives. The content that you provide to us in our online questionnaire form must be received in North American English or British English.
NO AFFILIATION TO LINKEDIN®
Elite CV is an independent branding company which provides CV, portfolio and LinkedIn services. We do not have a relationship, affiliation, sponsorship, or endorsement by LinkedIn® headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA or its parent Microsoft Corporation. No content on this website or any of our services has been authorized by or represents the views or opinions of LinkedIn personnel. LinkedIn®, the LinkedIn logo, the IN logo and InMail are registered trademarks of LinkedIn and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
INFORMATION PUBLICATION AND DISCLOSURE
Elite CV does not rent, sell or publish your information (including information that can identify you personally) to other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested.
Access to your information is limited to employees or agents who we believe should come into contact with the information to provide you services.
We use physical, electronic and procedural security measures consistent with our legal obligations to protect your information.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER ELITE CV NOR ANY OF THE COMPANY’S OWNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND/OR SUPPLIERS WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF PRIVACY OR FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DUTY OF GOOD FAITH, LACK OF NEGLIGENCE OR OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT) WHATSOEVER THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF OR BE RELATED TO THE SITE, SERVICES, AND/OR MATERIALS AND/OR ANY RELATED INFORMATION, OR TO ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IN THE EVENT OF FAULT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR STRICT OR PRODUCT/SERVICE LIABILITY.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS BY THE COMPANY, OR ANY OF THE COMPANY’S AFFILIATES OR AGENTS SHALL BE, AT THE COMPANY’S OPTION, (1) SUBSTITUTION OR REPLACEMENT OF ALL OR PART OF THE APPLICATION OR PRODUCT/SERVICE THAT GIVES RISE TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU IN REASONABLE RELIANCE ON THE COMPANY’S SERVICES AGAIN, FREE OF CHARGE; OR (2) REFUND OF THE AMOUNT THAT YOU PAID TO THE COMPANY YOU AGREE THAT THE DAMAGE EXCLUSIONS IN THESE TERMS SHALL APPLY EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
AGREEMENT TO DEAL ELECTRONICALLY
Elite CV may keep records of any type of communication that is sent or received via the Site. All electronic records are deemed sent when they are properly addressed to the recipient and the record enters an information processing system outside the control of the sender or the record enters a region of an information processing system under the recipient’s control.
By accessing the Site or using the service, you acknowledge that your access to the Site is subject to the products/services of third parties over whom we have no control, including but not limited to: Internet service providers, hardware suppliers, third-party software, telecommunications services and electric service. Accordingly, we shall not be liable for the unavailability of the Site or the service due to inaccessibility or inoperability as described above or due to the acts or omission of third parties.
Third Party Sites
The website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and/or operated by third parties. Elite CV is not responsible for the content of such websites and does not endorse or approve the contents thereof. The fact that a website is linked to our website does not imply that Elite CV sponsors, endorses or is affiliated or associated with the entity that owns or is responsible for the website. Consequently, Elite CV is not liable for the operation and content of any third-party websites that may be linked to this Website (regardless of whether or not a link has been permitted by Elite CV).
Free Content and or Documents
- You must not sell or re-distribute the free documents produced or derivatives thereof.
- We give no warranties or representations concerning the free cv/résumé documents and accept no liability in relation to the use of the documents.
Except as expressly stated otherwise, any notices required or allowed under these Terms shall be given to the Company by postal mail to a successor address that the Elite CV makes available on this website or through another reasonable manner.
GOVERNING LAW; EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Republic of South Africa; you and Elite CV both agree to submit any dispute arising out of the use of this website to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of South Africa.
These terms and conditions record the entire agreement between you and Elite CV in respect of your access, browsing and use of the website and services.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which will remain in full force and effect.
Notwithstanding the fact that hyperlinks in these terms and conditions to certain documents should be deemed part of these terms and conditions in terms of section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, the fact that some or all of the hyperlinks may be non-operational, will not play a role in determination of the validity and interpretation of these terms and conditions.
If you have additional questions or comments of any kind, or if you see anything on the Site that you think is inappropriate, please let us know by our Contact website form or send your comments to our mailing address: Elite CV, Willow Wood Office Park, Corner Cedar & Fourways Boulevard, Fourways, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2191